- Robe – This came in handy because I’m always cold and hospitals tend to be a little on the chilly side.
- Long Nightgown – (buttons, open at the bottom is must, they check you non-stop while you’re in the hospital, vitals and pushing on your stomach…yes, not fun.) I brought 3 of them with me! I used 2.
- Sweatpants and comfy, loose top to go home in. (Some people go home in a normal outfit, not me. I wanted to still be super comfortable.)
- Comfortable postpartum underwear (linked the ones below) I also got a set from Kindred Bravely! Both of these I love!
- Bras that zip in the FRONT! Perfect for breastfeeding or pumping.
iPhone charger, portable iPhone charger, extension cord, mirror, makeup, hand sanitizer, shower items, nipple cream, SNACKS, hairbrush, chapstick, mints, gum, jolly ranchers.
I also packed my items in clear bags so Carl could easily grab what mini bag I needed and hand it to me. This ended up being a game-changer!
What I bought and then THREW away (yes, germs…)
2. Slippers ($14)
3. Shower Shoes!
I highly recommend you asking the hospital during your tour what they provide for you. I was lucky and our hospital gave us unlimited supplies when it came to ice packs, pads, underwear and more. Below are the items I got at the hospital and ordered more for at home. I bought adult diapers but liked wearing high waisted underwear and pads better. Below is everything I needed at home for my vaginal recovery. But again, if your hospital doesn’t supply these, get them!
I also brought my bed pillow with me, two blankets: one for me and one for Carl and a towel! The ones the hospital provided weren’t soft at all. Also, a loofah when showering!
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below! I’ll be sharing my birth story and about my recovery soon as well.
xx, Tonya Michelle