Hidden Reeses Egg Cupcakes
Makes 10 hidden egg cupcakes with batter leftover for additional cupcakes (You could make 15 to 20 hidden egg cupcakes total with one cake mix.)
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix with ingredients for making the cake or your favorite chocolate cake recipe
- About 4 cups chocolate frosting
- 10 Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs frozen
- 1 cup miniature Reeses peanut butter cups coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- Spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix and ingredients for making cake.
- Using a large scoop, divide the batter between the cupcake liners.
- Place one, unwrapped, frozen Reeses Egg in the middle of each cupcake liner.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the sides of the egg comes out clean. (Do not pierce through the center where the egg is.)
- Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with an open star piping tip.
- Pipe frosting from the middle of each cupcake to the outer edge and back to the middle to create a peak.
- Press chopped Reeses cups into the frosting.