Hidden Cadbury Egg Cupcakes
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix with ingredients for making the cake or your favorite chocolate cake recipe
- About 4 cups frosting in three colors Used Pillsbury Funfetti frosting in pink, purple, and yellow
- 10 Cadbury Creme Eggs frozen
- 10 mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Sprinkles if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- Spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix and ingredients for making cake.
- Using a large scoop, divide the batter between the cupcake liners.
- Place one, unwrapped, frozen Cadbury Egg in the middle of each cupcake liner.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the sides of the egg comes out clean. (Do not pierce through the center where the egg is.)
- Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the frosting in three different piping bags.
- Snip the tip from the piping bags and place all three piping bags in a larger piping bag fitted with an open star piping tip.
- Pipe frosting from the middle of each cupcake to the outer edge and back to the middle to create a peak.
- Press one mini Cadbury Creme Egg into the peak of each cupcake.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Leave a Comment