Chocolate Covered Strawberry Chaffles
Yields 3+ mini waffles or 1 Belgian style waffle
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract you can replace this with a strawberry extract or flavoring to give the batter a stronger strawberry flavor
- 1 tablespoon monk-fruit sweetener you can replace with the granular sweetener or your choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup strawberries diced
- ¼ cup Lily’s chocolate chips + optional 1 tablespoon for garnish
- Optional 1 tablespoon Swerve confectioner’s sugar for topping
- Preheat waffle maker to medium/high heat and grease, generously.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, eggs, whipping cream, extract or flavoring, and sweetener.
- Using a hand mixer, beat until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in strawberries and mozzarella and mix well, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Add to waffle maker
- For mini waffles: Scoop ¼ cup of batter into waffle maker and cook for 2+ minutes or until done.
- For Belgian waffle, pour entire bowl of batter into the waffle maker or until full, then cook on medium-high for 4+ minutes or until done.
- Top with optional toppings like Swerve confectioner’s sugar, diced or sliced strawberries, or melted Lily’s chocolate chips.