If you have a family event coming up or a get together, this will be a hit. It tastes even better than it looks, if that’s possible 😉 It’s a delicious treat for a Sunday Brunch or an easy treat to make for a party!
Blueberry Poppyseed Cake
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspons lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, and then add in the lemon peel and egg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients a little at a time, alternating with sour cream and mixing as you go.
- Spray a 9-10 inch spring-form pan with non-stick cooking spray and add the cake mixture to the pan, pushing it down along the bottom of the pan and about an inch up the sides.
- Next, mix ingredients for the blueberry filling in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Gently pour and press onto the crust.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the top of the cake is lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Run a knife along the edges of the cake to make sure it doesn’t stick, and then release the spring to remove the cake.
- Mix the glaze in a small bowl, stirring the milk into the powdered sugar until a nice smooth consistency is reached. Spoon glaze over the cake.
- Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Comment