One thing Carl and I love doing is making cookies! My favorite is caramel & his favorite is chocolate chip. I decided, let’s combine them!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup butter melted
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1.5 cups Dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Large eggs
- 2.5 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Caramels cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 Cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Start by unwrapping and cutting the caramels into quarters.
- Melt butter and place in a large bowl. Add the sugars an
- d vanilla and using a hand mixer, mix
- for about 1 minute until well mixed and has become lighter in color.
- Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute longer.
- Add the flour and first portion of salt and mix just until it has all come together, about 30 seconds
- It will look dry at first, but it will come together.
- Stir in the caramels and chocolate chips. Then place in the fridge for 20 minutes to help the batter firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray well with non stick spray. The caramels will stick to the pan as they melt otherwise.
- Using a 1.5 inch cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the pans, leaving room to spread, at least 2 inches.
- If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can drop by heaping tablespoon.
- Sparingly sprinkle some of the coarse salt on top of each cookie.
- Place in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes until cookies are golden.
- They should still be a bit soft and will continue to set when the cool.
- Store these in an airtight container at room temperature.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! xx, Tonya Michelle