THAI CHICKEN FLATBREAD
- 2 medium sized flatbreads or 1 large prepared flatbread store bought or using your favorite recipe
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger or ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp sriracha optional
- 1 chicken breast cooked and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots shredded (or ½ cup of carrot matchsticks)
- 2 green onion stalks sliced
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges for serving
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the flatbread and place on a baking pan lined with foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and water until smooth. Add in the remaining peanut butter sauce ingredients and combine. Spread a thick layer of the sauce over the flatbread, saving ¼ aside for drizzling at the end.
- Spread a layer of the sliced chicken across the top of the peanut sauce. Pile on the red bell pepper, carrot shreds, green onions, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the flatbread for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Drizzle the remaining peanut sauce on top of the pizza. Sprinkle on fresh cilantro, crushed peanuts and a squeeze of lime.
Leave a Comment