Have you ever felt so low that you can’t get out of your bed? The terrible days when you don’t feel like doing any work or even working for something you always loved.
These are nothing but bad mental health days and we all get them. It indeed is super difficult to help yourself out on such days because at some point even life itself starts feeling useless and you start questioning your worth.
I used to get mad and angry on such days and nothing would bring me peace. However, there are some amazing self-care ideas that helped me during bad mental health days and I’m so sure that these self-care tips are going to be immensely helpful to you as well.
Self-care ideas for bad mental health days:
1. Move your body
2. Eat raw fruits
3. Practice journaling
4. Unplug from all the gadgets for at least an hour
5. Take a nap
6. Make yourself a hot coffee
7. Read some inspiring books
8. Listen to your favorite podcasts
9. Hydrate yourself ( 8 glass of water per day)
10. Make a list of things you love about yourself
11. Create a gratitude jar
12. Go out in nature
13. Keep yourself clean
14. Get yourself a massage
15. Have a hot water bubble bath
16. Declutter your home
17. Clean your wardrobe
18. Spend some time in the sun
19. Meditate or sit in peace for a while
20. Dance your heart out without worrying about others
21. Put on some relaxing music
22. Watch some inspiring movie
23. Watch some motivational TED talks
24. Talk to your friends or hang out for a while
25. Bake your favorite banana bread or cook something
26. Indulge in your favorite childhood activity
27. Practice mindful coloring
28. Learn something new / a new skill
29. Create a mood tracker for yourself
30. DIY your favorite hangings such as dream-catcher
31. Stretch your body
32. Play with your pet
33. Leave some random notes of kindness for strangers
34. Make your bed
35. Do a brain dump exercise
36. Eat your favorite meal (healthy)
37. Create your vision board or redecorate it
38. Light a candle/ diffuse essential oils (aromatherapy)
39. Binge-watch your favorite Netflix shows
40. Recreate your goals / look at the bigger picture
41. Watch sunrise and sunset
42. Go for a slow drive
43. Write your best memories
44. Try out some mindful apps like longwalks, calm, etc.
45. Watch your favorite cartoon or animated series
46. Play some outdoor games
47. Visit a café
48. Practice positive affirmations
49. Make a positive playlist
50. Rest and do nothing
These self-care ideas have always helped me during some of the toughest days. I totally agree that you won’t feel like doing anything during bad mental health days but I would highly insist to pick up your favorites from the above list and do it anyway.
Also, always remember that these days are only temporary and they will pass soon. Just don’t be hard on yourself and give yourself some time to rest.
I really hope that these self-care ideas will help you bring peace and calm during bad mental health days. Do let me know your comments below.