Lemon Raspberry Stack Cakes
- 2-1/4 c cake flour Can use all-purpose flour if you don’t have cake flour on-hand.
- 1-1/2 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c butter
- 3/4 c milk
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 3 lg eggs
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 c raspberries fresh plus additional to decorate the tops of cakes if desired.
- 3 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray an 11 x 17 lipped cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper cut to size. Respray lightly.
- Mix butter and sugar until combined. Scrape bowl often.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Mix in milk and vanilla until combined.
- Add, flour, salt baking powder and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes, scraping bowl often.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake on center rack of oven for approx. 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Using a 2-1/4 inch (or size of your choice) cookie cutter, cut circles from cake. If using a 2-1/4 inch size, you should get 20 circles. Be sure to cut each one close together.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until creamy. Scrape bowl often.
- Mash raspberries and add to cream cheese/butter mixture. Mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Add powdered sugar in small amounts, mixing after each until desired consistency. Depending on the juiciness of your berries, you may need to add additional powdered sugar.
- Using piping tip of your choice (I used a large open star tip) pipe icing on half of the cakes. Top each with another cake, pressing down lightly. Pipe top of cake and decorate with an additional raspberry if desired.
Leave a Comment