A to-do list, time table or time scheme lists everything that is your priority and you need to fulfil in a day or a particular time period like in a week. You have to work under people in an organization or you may be the boss. Whatever you are, every individual has to attend three types of work in a day- the stresses like attending a meeting or submitting a presentation, works which need to be done anytime in a day, for instance, a phone call to close one and works which don’t need to be done at the earnest and can be moved to the next day. In our daily workload we often mix up these works and that’s where the problem starts. The easiest way to make a to-do list is by placing the most vital tasks at the top of your list. Make sure you pen down all your work in one piece of paper or in one file so you don’t miss out any task.
Here are some basic points on how to make a to-do list:
- Keep it as practical as possible – Your to-do list should be realistic. Before jotting down the works have a clear landscape in your mind about what you really need to do and what not.
- Make a list which you can utilize – What most of the people do while making a to-do list is that they fill it up with excessive tasks. Write down only those tasks which you can complete within 24 hours or a particular time period. Make sure that your to-do list is the hard copy of that corner of your mind which stores all the important stuff you need to do. Make it organised and effortless.
- A to-do list is not something to be ignored- While making a to-do list make sure you stick to it throughout the day. Don’t confuse your list with a simple task like “buying eggs from the local store.” Treat your to-do list as “Submit the project in one hour.” Simply making a to-do list and ignoring it all day won’t give you any results.
Benefits of a to-do list:
- It gives a structure to your day- There are two things you can do-either you become perfect at everything or you lose things that are valuable. No one likes a messed up table. Making a to-do list is much like cleaning and organising your table. It makes you organised.
- Gives you the stability of mind- Listing down your daily chores help them accomplish easily. You need to write down all the things you need to do in a day and if you feel something is unnecessary simply strike it off from the list at any time of the day. This will give you satisfaction.
- You have to hold less anxiety in mind- If you are a person who has a to-do list you don’t need to fill your head with worries. If you are unable to complete any task by a day, simply carry it out the next day.
- It let you harmonize similar tasks- Suppose you are having the task of collecting a book from a colleague and returning a book to your neighbour who lives in the same apartment. We often mix it up and our work increases. A lot of time is lost in remembering what to do and what not. A to-do list will help you remember all your similar tasks.
It is extremely important for one to know when things are going to be done rather than missing out important stuff. A little priority, concentration and making a to-do list. You will be benefited in uncountable ways. It’s helped me not only get more done in my day but also makes me feel accomplished. Somedays I didn’t even realize how much I was actually doing until I wrote a list and started to cross things off!
xx, Tonya Michelle
Leave a Comment